[thechat] Stocking the bar

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Tue Sep 9 12:25:50 CDT 2003

>At 02:39 PM 05-09-03, Isaac Forman wrote:
>>I'm 26. How old are YOU?!?
>

>28 on November 30th of this year.

I look much younger than 35, of course.

>>Dude, she's not going to India. When she talks about Indian heritage,
>>it's *American* Indian... ;)

Well, I would enjoy restarting my vagabond life, but too hard with a
little one.  It could be a good story though,  "Yes, things are bad
in Portland, so I went to India to find work."  India exports
programmers, and the US exports cocktail waitresses.  I like that.
Maybe we could work an exchange program.

I heard some programmers on the bus the other day talking about going
to India to find work.   One guy is saying, "well, I do like the
food..."   The other one is saying, "I don't, so much."

>Hey, I'm related to Apu; don't expect too much intelligence.

But Apu is he smartest guy on the show.  And he has the cutest
family, the sexiest wife, and eats the best food.