[thechat] email chess

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Wed Sep 10 08:27:19 CDT 2003

Madhu Menon asked:

>>Can someone teach me how to play good chess? :D

Hi Madhu,

It's like asking a musician how to get to Carnegie Hall; "Practice man,
practice!"

You play a lot - you get stomped a lot - you learn - you get better.

[I'm guessing the folks here (me anyway) would be willing to say 'good
move' / 'bad move' and explain what you did right or wrong - during a
game ... just understand that some of us (me at the moment anyway) might
not necessarily know what we are talking about when we say that!]  ;-)

RonL.
(Currently in the midst of getting 'stomped on' - {it's also how you
knock of the rust and re-learn a prior level of expertise}.)