[thechat] No Roundabouts In Japan?

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Wed Sep 10 13:39:05 CDT 2003

Judah McAuley & Garrett Coakley were taling about roundabouts:

Hi Guys,

Of the major US cities (that I've been too), I would say Washington D.C.
has the most roundabouts.

I think I remember some in Boston.

There are a few in Ohio, (at least one close to my old house in Akron anyway).

<slaps forehead /> D'oh! Sorry. Think 'very small towns'.  Towns built back
in the days when towns had a 'town square'.  A number of towns like that
have traffic roundabouts (maybe only 1, but they have them) ... in Ohio, in
Pennsylvania, in Texas, and probably elsewhere.

The East Coast, (New Jersey especially), also has things called "jug handles" -
that's where you go to the right ... to make a left-hand turn. Dang - I found
lots of links, but no pix.  ;-(

RonL.
(Heh. In Houston the drivers don't understand stop signs either!)