[thechat] Stocking the bar

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed Sep 10 16:42:29 CDT 2003

The point being that, people that hang out at a bar... I mean, AT THE
BAR (as opposed to a pool table, or whatever)... want to have a
positive interaction with the bartender.   It's building up a
clientele.  Hairdressers do the same thing.  Most people will see a
hairdresser based on the person, not the shop they are working in.

That said, I don't think *I* would follow someone from a
micro-brewerey to a bowling alley.

A favorite bartender in Arcata with the college kids was "Dave" at
the Alabi, a skinny much older man, smoked a lot, dry humor, good
service, very efficient bartender.  A 1950's style guy.  Dave kicked
ass. If anyone has spent any time barhopping in Arcata, they would
know Dave.  You would learn his shifts, and drink accordingly.

Erika