[thechat] No Roundabouts In Japan?

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed Sep 10 17:14:25 CDT 2003

Judah wrote:
>Portland is a pretty big city, so it might have one I don't know
>about, but I'm >pretty sure it doesn't have one.

Ooh ooh!  Look!  We have a nice shiny new one at L&C!
http://www.lclark.edu/dept/chron/roundaboutw03.html

It is so much better than the stoplight that was there before, so so
so much better.  I don't know why there aren't roundabouts everywhere.

>they always get shouted down by people who think they are strange and foriegn.

Americans are so stupid.

>  I've never encountered one in Seattle or San Francisco

Once again, little Arcata, California kicks big city ass.
They have three (all built within the past five years).

Erika