[thechat] No Roundabouts In Japan?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Thu Sep 11 09:54:30 CDT 2003

Tony Crockford wrote:

> As no-one has mentioned it so far I feel I should draw attention to the
> "magic roundabout" in Swindon:
>
> http://www.swindonweb.com/life/lifemagi0.htm
>
> a series of "mini" roundabouts (themselves a curse) arranged as a larger
> roundabout.

Too wild, but ...

% Most accidents have involved cyclists and motorcyclists and now a cycle lane
% running right round the outside of the roundabout, with pelican crossings,
% should ensure that the Magic Roundabout becomes as safe as it is efficient.

..I'll bite -- what are "pelican crossings"??

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.