[thechat] email chess

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu Sep 11 22:45:19 CDT 2003

At 08:43 PM 11-09-03, Isaac Forman wrote:
>I would've mentioned more basic stuff like pins and forks.

What? No knives and spoons? I can even handle chopsticks, y'all.

>Madhu, how basic do you want your info?

Actually, the kind of stuff Morgan posted.

a) What should the focus of strategy be? Preserve queen? Attack PieceX first?
b) Most valuable pieces in the game
c) Whether moving pawns forward all the time is good strategy.

Just three things off the top of my head, though I suspect I should just
read a book or ten on chess.

Since Jeff is playing, I want to learn more so I can kick his arse. ;)

Madhu
(who loves most strategy-related games)