[thechat] Carpet Steam Cleaners?

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Mon Sep 15 15:30:11 CDT 2003

On Monday, September 15, 2003, at 10:47  AM, Luther, Ron wrote:

> (And/or comments from anyone firmly in the 'rent the bugger on an
> occasional basis' camp.)

Yes.

Don't let anyone tell you that your carpet must be spot-free all the
time. If it's sanitary and not butt-ugly, it's good enough for most of
the world (especially when they find out you have grandkids).

At the risk of sounding a bit overbearing, I have to point out that
carpets ARE MADE TO BE WALKED ON. They live under us all the time, and
we are not spotless people (at least, I'm not). Carpet-cleaning
companies would have you believe that your carpet should look as it did
the day it was installed, and if you're into that, it's fine -- but *I*
certainly don't have the money for it.

So when you get a couple of big grape-juice stains that can't be hidden
by furniture, sure, rent a steamer.

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net