[thechat] Men's list for women

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Tue Sep 23 13:25:02 CDT 2003

http://www.thingsmygirlfriendandihavearguedabout.com/

I have to print this out and read it on the bus.  It could be a study
in cultural differences (mixed relationship) which is always
fascinating to me.  We all have certain personal and cultural
assumptions, and when two cultures mate, fun, confusion, and
associated hi-jinks will ensue.

He is English, she is German.
For goodness sakes!

" The way one should cut a Kiwi Fruit in half (along its length or
across the middle)."

At age 16, I decided never to date a German (only one year after
deciding never to date a guitar player).*

I spent so much time arguing to the death about everything (usually
politics and/or philosophy) in German pubs, I can't imagine what it
would be like to have a German spouse.

How do Germans get along with each other?
What I think is that in certain areas, women and men would defer to
each other.  That's the only way it can work.

For example, the man should defer on the kiwi-cutting issue (and many
of the other issues on the list).  But this guy, being English,
probably doesn't get it.  Which has to be infuriating.

In Germany, I saw women (particularly older generation) defer to men
in political discussions.  But me, being Californian, do not get
this.   I could give a crap about how you cut a kiwi fruit, or
whether you cut it at all.   But start me on politics and I will not
back down.

"I eat two-fingered Kit-Kats like I'd eat any other chocolate bars of
that size, i.e., without feeling the need to snap them into two
individual fingers first. Margret accused me of doing this,
'deliberately to annoy her'."

Knick, Knack, weg ist der Pack !
http://www.ritter-sport.de

Of course she is annoyed!
He refuses to knick, knack!

Erika

* this worked well until I fell for a German guitar player.