[thechat] Too Much Stuff!

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Wed Sep 24 08:30:05 CDT 2003

Kevin Stevens noted that he:

>> ... lives in a small flat and already has too much stuff!

+ (well, quite a bit actually)

My wife sez, (and she is, of course, right in all things), that I have
"too much stuff" as well.

I've been promising to eBay off a bunch of it ... but I've been too lazy
to actually get going on that. I printed off their T&C and pricing stuff
again yesterday but haven't actually waded through it yet.

Q1 - There's gotta be an experienced eBay seller on here somewhere. Any
tips? Pointers? eBay for "dummys with 'too much stuff'"? Something?

Q2 - One of my things that (*sob*) 'has to go' is incredibly large, heavy,
and expen$ive.  How the heck do you sell something like that (I'm thinking
eBay may not be the right 'channel' here folks) without losing most of your
equity?  It's not old enough to be an antique.  Are there 'resale shops
for outfitting your mansion' kinds of places? {Honest, this thing belongs
more in a museum or a 'mansion in the hills' than in a normal home.}

Ideas & Suggestions Welcome,

RonL.