[thechat] Too Much Stuff

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 15:05:15 CDT 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:24:15 -0500, Luther, Ron <ron.luther at hp.com> wrote:

> But as you can also understand ... financially I can't afford to take
> too bad a beating on unloading this thing.
>

> Again, I'm not sure this is the kind of thing a newspaper classified ad
> works for.  I read the classifieds. These aren't the kinds of things I
> see in there.

Seems to me that something like that needs a meme starting to get to the
ears of the people who:

a) have  a big house
b) have loads of money
c) would love something like that.

Movie stars, pop stars, film studios, set dressers that sort of thing?
(Posh & Becks spring to mind, but probably not a good idea right now,
maybe not J-lo either....

maybe an ebay ad at a fantastically large reserve (like the "wife for
1million dollars" type thing?)

Or maybe you should take out a photo ad in http://www.countryliving.com/?

Or maybe a local newspaper would be interested in writing an article on
"how to sell a dining room set fit for a king?"

gotta get thinking outside the box on this one....

Got a blog? - write it up - tell everyone - word will spread someone with
the money and the need will surface for sure.  even better if two people
want it - they can bid against each other.

;o)

hth

Tony

--
http://www.xebit.net/

Sent with M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/opera/buy-opera.html?AID=627923