[thechat] Too Much Stuff

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Thu Sep 25 10:22:47 CDT 2003

Sabrina Dent noted:

>>Yeah, I'd maybe do that for the dining set. But Ebay can't hurt; take a
>>lot of good photos and tell the history of the table and the craftsmen
>>and set a high reserve. You never know what might happen.

Hi Bri,

Very good points. I remember seeing a fancy secretary offered for $100,000.
IIRC it was one of six ever built in that style and was owned by a former
US president. (I was a very active bidder/buyer on eBay a few years ago
... [I had a low 4 digit id number] ... but I haven't been active for quite
a while.)

Perhaps it's just my lack of experience and confidence as a seller holding
me back.  I think I'll start with some little stuff: books, comics, 78s
and take it from there.

Thanks!

RonL.