[thechat] Too Much Stuff

Sean G. ethanol at mathlab.sunysb.edu
Fri Sep 26 22:22:26 CDT 2003

>Just remember not to wear the sweatshirts near anyone you didn't go to
>the place with and you'll be fine.

I've made it a point to never tell my wife the source of anything I owned
before we met.  =)

Of course, I also don't have a sweatshirt with a big ole "I and someone I'm
always subconsciously comparing you to broke the bed at the fabulous Mount Airy
Lodge" across the front.  ;)

Of course, men and women in general have entirely different attitudes toward
clothes.  A woman sees a man wearing an old t-shirt and thinks, he must be
emotionally attached to the giver of that t-shirt.  Why else would he forgo the
shopping experience to buy a new t-shirt?

A man knows it takes at least 5 years to break in a good t-shirt to the point
where it is comfortable, and after putting that much time and effort into a
t-shirt, he doesn't care if it was a joint gift from Bill Gates and Hitler.

Although the perils of having a wife are many.  I once called my wife's teddy
bear the name of an ex's bear.  Fortunately, she didn't hear me, and bear
hasn't ratted me out (yet).

Good luck,

Sean G.

"No matter how much money Bruce [Springsteen] gives to charity, I still say
he's one of the tightest men I've ever known." - David Sedaris.