[thechat] Not webdev related** Dell w/winME startup problems

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sun Sep 28 12:22:38 CDT 2003

Jorah Lavin wrote:

> [snip]  Last time I checked, the internal modem on the Dell only works
> with Windows because it is mostly a software modem, not hardware, so I'd
> need an external.
>
> Still, I'll check around. I may be able to find a usable external for
> not too much.

Well, as I said, try the Knoppix CD, which you can boot from into a live
and working Debian Linux install, then you can try hardware stuff out, then
pop out the CD, and reboot, and you'll roll right back into Windows again -
the CD will do an install to hard drive too if you decide to go the whole hog.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like