[thechat] 2 Mac questions

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 18:58:56 CDT 2003

> As mentioned before, your best, least hassle bet is still a hub and
> router combo. Cost you about 80 quid in PC World; maybe less.

Truth be told, these people are skint, I'm kind of doing this as a favour. I
have a USB network adaptor which I can use on the PC. I'm going to take my
hub along just to see if I can get the whole thing working and then, when
they can afford the hardware, I'll set it up properly. PC world though, pah!
I have Tottenham Court Road a mere bus ride away, I shun your PC World :) Am
I correct in thinking the router works like a modem with a hub, so the
router connects to the Net rather than having a gateway machine?

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk