[thechat] Pronounce URL

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at hotpop.com
Mon Oct 6 16:15:14 CDT 2003

From: "Hassan Schroeder"

This is one of the most interesting threads of October. :-)

> And it's still not as bad as the way some IBMers used to pronounce
> SNA (ess-en-aa, thanks) as 'sna' as in baa-baa-black-sheep; what an
> utterly ugly sound.

This 'sna' thing seems interesting to me.
If it is said as you are telling it becomes a word of Arabic and Urdu which
would mean in English "the Praise of God".
And if you read "s" as "z" in 'sna' then it would become another word of Arabic
and Urdu which would mean in English "adultery".

Just some thoughts about language to language meanings of same words! (More
clearly, I have no intention to begin ANY religious thread, so don't begin :-)

--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://szh.envy.nu/