[thechat] NaNoWriMo

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Thu Oct 9 07:24:39 CDT 2003

Sean asked:

]If you wanna learn more about NaNoWriMo, check out the official site at
]	<http://www.nanowrimo.org/>

>>Any takers on making this a relay?

Hi Sean,

I saved Paul's email ... just in case I found some 'spare time'.  ;-)

The relay idea sounds like it might be fun -- (even though it strikes
me a lot like that school project meme about the space war / romance
novel collaboration.)

I would like to participate or contribute a bit. I don't think I want
the 'last leg' wrap-up responsibilities or editorial 'smoothing'
duties.
[Yes, you do!]
[No, I don't!]

Uh Oh. The FAQ says "no partners". (Although the 'tips and strategies'
page _suggests_ writing with a partner.) Hmmmm ... a flexible and
devisive tribe, eh?

However!  We *could* certainly share notes, agree on plot elements,
and/or characters/settings [Judah needs a sinister cameo that doesn't
advance the plot IIRC.] and write separate crappy novels about a common
theme.  "evolt takes over the world"? "An evolt ghost story"?
"Doritos and evolters - a clinical study"?

RonL.
-- One of those who often 'threatens' to write. He's now signed up.
Ah! But will he write?

Oh bugger! (Officemate just gave me the 'earl' for riffinteractive.com
My spare time (and coin) may have just evaporated.)