[thechat] more advice on buying a digital camcorder, please

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sun Oct 19 17:26:28 CDT 2003

Martin Burns wrote:

> On Sunday, October 19, 2003, at 05:52  pm, rudy wrote:
>
>> and the still pics go onto a "memory stick"
>> which downloads to the computer in a different manner, through the USB
>> port
>

> You can get readers for memory sticks (mmmm proprietory Sony technology)
> I think which run over firewire, but they're expensivo.

whaaa?  usb readers for memory sticks (and other smart-type media) are
commonplace now - look for cheap X-in-1 readers (where X is usually 4, 5 or
6) which can take Sony MS, SD, XD, CF and so on.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like