[thechat] Yet Another Stupid On-Line Test!

Terry Fowler quackamoe at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 13:54:32 CST 2003

--- Martin <martin at easyweb.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Luther, Ron wrote:
>
> > Geekiness Quotient:
> > http://www.innergeek.us/geek.html
> >
> > Whew!
> >
> > Only 27.61341% - Which put me in 'level 3' as a
> "Total Geek".
>
> Very similar:
> 28.99408% - Total Geek
>
> I'm sure that the books stuff should include Umberto
> Eco, with an extra
> mark for "Other than Name of the Rose".

There's something wrong with that test. I'm certainly
less computer literate/experienced than most on this
list but I got 34.12229% - Total Geek.

Hmph. Maybe it's reading Russian literature on my own.
I should get extra points for that since I read it in
Russian! Or is it for going to movies alone regularly?
I mean, the only Umberto Eco I've read is Name of the
Rose. But I have read (and loved) the Silmarillion.
And
I have argued about who/what Tom Bombadil is. Okay, so
I'm just not a techno-geek. Not that that's a bad
thing, it's just that I know I don't qualify.

Terry