[thechat] New Hitchhikers' Radio Series

DESCHAMPS Stéphane DSI/SICOR stephane.deschamps at francetelecom.com
Thu Nov 6 07:30:23 CST 2003

> Production is underway for Radio4 adaptations of Life, the
> Universe and
> Everything and So Long and Thanks for all the Fish, to be
> broadcase in
> 2004.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/cult/2003/11/04/7768.shtml
>
> Among the cast are HHTG old hands Simon Jones, Geoffrey
> McGivern, Mark
> Wing-Davey, Susan Sheridan and Stephen Moore. Sadly Peter Jones is no
> longer with us, so there will be a new voice of the Guide :-(

Hi Martin,

Good news!
(except for Peter Jones, of course - how's that for british humor)

You know that I've had the occasion to hear two different HHGG tape versions of the first book, one very nervous and as funny as the book, the other (same text) very slow and voices lacking energy.

Do you know about all this and care to share your wisdom etc?