Custard - walking on, was: Re: [thechat] Public about MJ

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Nov 28 03:36:12 CST 2003

On 28 Nov 2003, at 08:39, Tony Crockford wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 08:23:09 +0000, Garrett Coakley
> <garrett at polytechnic.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 08:17:06AM -0000, Tony Crockford wrote:
>>
>>> Which is, apparently, a Newtonian liquid, the end result being that
>>> given
>>> enough custard in one place and moving firmly and forcefully, you
>>> can walk
>>> upon it's surface.
>>
>> Oooooo!
>>
>> /me scribbles that down in his "Things What I Have Learnt" notebook.
>
> best amend my earlier mistake then - Custard is a *non*-Newtonian
> liquid.

Related:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0753817055/martin043/ref=nosim
*Lots* of 'molecular behaviour of fluids as found to be useful in real
life' examples.

And for those of you playing at home on the left side of the pond:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0393011836/evoltorg02-20/
ref=nosim

Cheers
Martin
--
Now playing on iTunes: "Yestreen I Had A Pint O Wine" by Tony Cuff from
'The Complete Songs Of Robert Burns Volume I' - a hit from way back in