[thechat] Network woes

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Fri Nov 28 16:59:07 CST 2003

This one has me stumped. Just done a re-format for a friend and I wanted to
do all the Windows/driver updates etc. Tried to link his machine into my
network using my very useful USB network socket (http://tinyurl.com/wxm2)
and had it recognised pretty instantly. Trouble is, as soon as I try to surf
the Net or transfer a file over the LAN, the computer freezes and I need to
re-boot. I know my gateway machine is good because my wife's computer works
fine. All the settings on the new machine look good, and there are no
conflicts. And I'm pretty sure the USB thingy is OK cos I've had success
with it before. Both computers are running Millennium. Anybody come across
this before and sorted it out painlessly?

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk