[thechat] Fubar'd connections: help?

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Nov 28 21:57:58 CST 2003

Hi guys.

Hate to use this list as tech support, but I've Googled, RTFM, and tried
all the obvious solutions to these problems, and it hasn't helped.

As you may recall, I offered to send my restaurant menu to anyone who
wanted it. So I fired up Eudora, attached the file and sent it to those who
asked. But my mail goes maybe 20% and then stops. A minute later, Eudora
tells me "Error writing to network. Cause: connection reset by remote side
(10054)". There's no problem sending a mail without attachments (as you can
see, this mail got there) and it's not a problem with a specific file
either. I don't think it's my ISP mail server because I tried sending it
through my madmanweb.com mail server and the same thing happened.

So I thought I'd FTP it instead. But that too doesn't work properly. While
FTP'ing the file, it stops at "26.5% of 34KB" and then hangs. That too is
not a problem with one server; it happens with three servers I tried to FTP to.

I'm running Windows XP Pro.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Madhu