[thechat] RoTK

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Tue Dec 2 23:06:17 CST 2003

On Thursday, November 27, 2003, at 09:08  AM, Martin wrote:
> So, are we all getting excited?

I wish I could! I read the trilogy multiple times in HS ... and saw the
first showing Fellowship -  on the first day ... walked away let down.
I recall I enjoyed the books because the magic and history and cultures
were explained in great detail ... so it seemed very real. The movie
was: now this magic thing happens and now these characters are running
away from these characters and now they're doing the chasing. Same can
be said (by me) about the Two Towers, although I waited for the DVD
(and can somebody verify for me that the Ents played a huge role in the
movie as compared to the book?)

2003 has been a poor year for movies for me. Only one I've seen that I
thought was "rather interesting" was Identity. Maybe 2004 will be
better.