[thechat] Software marketing

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Fri Dec 5 17:50:37 CST 2003

It's an update I don't think I'll be getting any time soon. Flash MX is
klunky on my Mac - maybe it would perform better, but I went to a
marketing talk about MX 2004, and the only feature that interested me
was the performance increase in the new version of the Flash Player.

BTW, I still use PhotoShop 5.5, Illustrator 8 and am unaware of the
current version of CF Studio or BBEdit ... it's a pain having Classic
start up for PS and Ill, but I get by just fine. Oh yeah, my Windows
box is a 450 MHz Pentium III - my Mac is a dual 450 MHz G4 - they get
me by just fine! I really get a kick out of it when friends who use
their (better) computers for word processing, email and looking at the
Internet complain about how they "need" a new computer.