[thechat] Pizza (was: "Eight Miles High")

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Mon Dec 8 23:00:48 CST 2003

At 00:42 09/12/2003, Morgan Kelsey wrote:
> > Papa John's started in Louisville, I think, and Pizza
> > Hut in Wichita. Tony's, Freschetta, and Red Baron
> > are from Marshall, Minnesota. I think of pizza as
> > having started in Chicago, but are there *any* pizza
> > chains that came from there?
> >

>whoa, pizza started in chicago?
>
>i dunno....i thought it was NYC, little italy.
>wait -- maybe it was big italy, ya know, the country?
>;p

Actually, pizza originated in Turkey. Their version was just leftovers on
bread without the cheese of course.

Chicago is where the "deep pan" pizza came from, ain't it?

Just a bit o' trivia from the foodie. ;)

We had a party of 20 for a birthday celebration at the restaurant
yesterday, and boy was it tough! I was in the kitchen yelling at everyone,
making sure everything went out in order, etc. My soles are farked.

The flipside is that you get comments like "best prawns I've had in my
life", "amazing green curry", "how do you do that" etc. ;)

Regards,

Madhu
--
Now playing on mTunes: "Boba Fett is my cousin, twice removed" by Fat
Bastard from 'Songs in the key of Nerd' - a hit from way back in 1978