Thailand (was Re: [thechat] "Eight Miles High" (was Re: Gotta new Mac - now what?))

Terry Fowler quackamoe at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 10:18:35 CST 2003

--- Drew Shiel <ashiel at sportsinteraction.com> wrote:

>    Has "democracy" been ingrained so deeply in
> America that they can't
> comprehend any other system of government? I mean,
> surely it was reasonably
> obvious that any kind of mocking portrayal of a
> ruling monarch is going to  be trouble?

Well, we have an approximation of democracy here.
That's what we know. When it comes to knowing how
what's acceptable in dealing with royalty we generally

look to the UK. I see Rowan Atkinson with his finger
sticking out of his zipper while meeting her majesty*
in a reception line.

terry

* a celebrity impersonator to be sure