[thechat] Bouncing Spam

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 14:18:25 CST 2003

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:45:32 -0500, Jorah Lavin <madstone at madstone.net>
wrote:

> [...]

I'm still using it, but set to delete and blacklist only, rather than
bounce as well.

it just occurred to me that it wouldn't be such a daft idea for spammers
to autorespond to bounces with more spam, given that a lot of addresses
just blackhole rather than bounce the implication is that a bounced
address is protected by a spam filter!

As I've never kept track I have no idea if I'm getting repeat spam, just
loads of it...

Getting a bit technical, so here's a poem as a tip:

Time
====

All that once was, will be.
All that will be, once was.