[thechat] unsubbing / mpls recap

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Dec 10 15:45:27 CST 2003

On Wednesday, December 10, 2003, at 11:27  AM, Erika Meyer wrote:
> by "lava lamp" I am of course referring to a shifting rainbow color
> light show featured prominently at the top of one of the buildings
> downtown...

Ah - I wondered if that was the one you meant. It's just north of
Loring Park ... I've never thought about what building it is, but it
could be the rightmost one here, which is the Hyett hotel:
http://www.phototour.minneapolis.mn.us/2259 - or it could be off the
picture to the right.

They put up steady red white and blue lights shortly after 9/11/2001,
which most people I know thought was a bit excessive - I mean what if
everyone did that? It was then all white lights for a while, then they
implemented the morphing thing.

> yeah I could kick ass with a good camera downtown Minneapolis.
> Especially when there is a good sunset and/or when there is a good
> fresh snow and blue sky.

Driving into Minneapolis from the North on 94 during a good sunset is
breathtaking: you can see the sunset reflected in the glass. I've never
seen a photo of that.