[thechat] Refusing Cookies

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Tue Dec 23 00:06:10 CST 2003

I like it, but the novelty of listening to it wore off after 3-4
listens. It's great to play for guests though; I put it on during a
baked grouper-fest Monday night. Who is doing Trout Thursday (January
29) this year other than me? http://www.troutthursday.com/

Here is how I fixed the grouper; you'd have to adjust it for trout, it
would seem. How do you bake thin fillets without making them "roll up"?

Melt enough butter in the bottom of a pan so it's 1/8-1/4 inch deep.
Add extra salt and a pinch of MSG.

Place grouper fillets, or any thick fillets, in bottom of pan. Leave
some room to get a spoon into the butter.

Sprinkle a mixture of (dried) 1 part thyme, 2 parts marjoram and 2
parts basil over the top of the fish, so that it thinly and evenly
covers 1/3 to 1/2 of the fish's upper surface.

Place in a pre heated 400 degree oven, bake for about 20 minutes, or
until fish easily flakes with a fork, occasionally spooning some of the
butter over the fish, being careful not to flush all of the spices roll
off the surface of the fish.