[thechat] Hi,

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Jan 13 17:34:19 CST 2004

On 13 Jan 2004, at 23:06, Bob Davis wrote:

>> not currently reading anything, but I am currently
>> job-shopping ...
>>

> Eh - isn't everyone?

Yup.

> I am reading "Fast Food Nation", with Wicked next on the list, to be
> followed by Quicksilver and then maybe The Da Vinci Code.... and then
> a couple others.

Ooh, FFN is *good*. Can also recommend his 'Reefer Madness' looking at
US black markets in drugs, porn and illegal immigrant labour.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0618334661/evolt02-20/ref=nosim

> Umberto Eco is one of my favorite authors. Foucault's Pendulum is a
> great book. When you read The Name of the Rose, you might try to get
> The Key to the Name of the Rose - very good.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0472086219/qid=1074035142

+1 on that.

/me is currently reading 'More What If?: Eminent Historians Imagine
What Might Have Been'
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0330487256/evolt02-20/ref=nosim
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0330487256/martin043/ref=nosim
which Lucy bought me for Christmas.

Cheers
Martin
--
Now playing on iTunes: "Hole In My Shoe" by Traffic from 'The First
Summer Of Love (Disc 1)'