[thechat] I meet an evolter - finally!

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Jan 13 17:48:48 CST 2004

On 13 Jan 2004, at 21:22, javier velasco wrote:

> Martin Burns wrote:
>

>> On 13 Jan 2004, at 19:42, Madhu Menon wrote:
>>
>>>  I think he forgot his digicam USB cable
>>

>> Speaking of which, anyone know where I can buy such a cable. Most
>> places I go insist that they're all proprietory to each camera and
>> you just can't buy them. Which is crap as I use 1 cable for both my
>> Sony and my Canon... go figure.
>

> So you lost both? :-P

Nope, just one. But I'm lending out my Sony, and feel a bit lame
lending the camera with no means to get the data off.

> If by where you mean online,

Yes indeed.

> you can try...
> http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=canon+usb+cable&btnG=Search+Froogle
> http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=sony+usb+cable&btnG=Search+Froogle

Stupid me - didn't think to add 'canon' or 'sony' to the query string.
Thanks!

>> Now playing on iTunes: "Hole In My Shoe" by Traffic from 'The First
>> Summer Of Love (Disc 1)'
>
> Do you actually type those, or is your mail app plugged into iTunes?
> (pardon my mac ignorance)

No, I'm *much* too lazy to retype. It's applescripted.

I have another one that exports to RSS periodically, which gets
syndicated into my site (not the current site, which uses a much uglier
hack to display recent listening, but the one that's in development at
the moment). And believe me, I have beaten my head against more Unicode
than I care to to get it working correctly. It was that or stop
listening to Beny Moré.

> javier - learning about snow

Are you in one of those crazy locations where it's the law that you
*have* to shovel snow outside your house?

Cheers
Martin
--
Now playing on iTunes: "Mother" by Roger Waters. Sinead O'Connor and
The Band. from 'The Wall Live In Berlin' - a hit from way back in 1990