[thechat] MIDI music

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 14:02:22 CST 2004

> As for "how to" sites, I can't think of any. I just read the manuals
> that come with the software and messed around with it until I figured it
> out.

Thanks for the replies and the links guys. I should have been a bit more
specific about the "how-to"s, I really need an idea of what hardware people
use. My old ST had built in MIDI ports, which is why it became *the* machine
to compose on, so I am supposing a PCI card with ports on. But what about
audio outputs? Would you have a sound card with ,say , 8 mono outputs to go
to a mixer, or do you do everything on the PC and then mix it down to a
stereo master?

Thanks again

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk