[thechat] MIDI music

Travis tr at hl-productions.com
Wed Jan 14 15:06:45 CST 2004

I do most of my stuff right on the system and convert it to whatever format
I need (usually wav or mp3), then burn it to cd. My soundcard (sb live
audigy w/ the internal drive ) has all inputs I need ( midi, optical and
s/pdif ). If you want something a bit more extensive, take a look at
DigiDesign's MBox. It connects via usb and gives you a variety of inputs and
outputs.  So I might be able to help you a bit more, do you want to play
physical instruments or use software to create the music? Either way, you
can still do it all on your pc. ProTools works great with external
instruments (ProTools LE comes w/ the MBox). Hope I'm not confusing you any
more.

Travis