[thechat] Another "L." in the Limelight!

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Tue Jan 20 11:02:04 CST 2004

At 10:52 20/01/2004 -0600, Luther, Ron wrote:

>It's a small local show that will be aired in Cleveland (I think on
>the ABC affiliate there) called "Academic Challenge" ... the show pits
>three teams of high school students (3 kids on each team) against
>each other answering SAT-type questions.

   I was nearly on one of those when I was in school. I was the fourth in
line for a three person team, so if any of them were sick, I'd step in.
None of them were, of course. Bastards. They won the first one, and then
fell over miserably in the second, on questions that I could have answered
perfectly had I been on the team. We shall for purposes of this discussion
ignore the fact that the first one was won on the strength of sports
questions I couldn't possibly have answered.

   Speaking of sports, I'm just back, battered and bruised, from a weekend
of heavy armoured combat, SCA-style. Anyone else here in the SCA?

   Drew.

   Drew.