[thechat] Hardware Problem

Syed Zeeshan Haider szhatforums at hotpop.com
Wed Jan 28 03:08:13 CST 2004

Hello Experts,
While I strive to polish my skills in handling softwares I still remain a blank
paper in case of hardware. Yesterday, I changed the battery (necessary for
system clock) of my Win98SE desktop PC. When I started the PC, I was given with
two options F1 to go to setup and F2 to set default settings. I pressed F2 and
PC continued to boot.
Now the situation is that I cannot go to setup as it requires a password which I
never set. And all videos are playing in slow motion. I have built-in VGA card.
Properties of My Computer icon showed 60MB RAM earlier. After changing the
battery, it shows 63MB RAM. Where did these three extra MB's came, I don't know?
Any ideas about the problem?

PS:
Don't tell me! I know that I need to upgrade the PC but I have no intention to
do so before May 2004.

Thank you!
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.