[thechat] RE: truck nuts

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Fri Feb 20 09:40:40 CST 2004

Some dadburn yankee, (Morgan Kelsey), inquired after 'Southern' style ...
big hair, bigger trucks, and women with chewing tobacco cans in the
back of their jeans:

>>you probably see these everyday down in Texas, eh?
>>http://nutsfortrucks.com/
>>i was gonna send it to thechat, but--well--it's so gross i can't.

[S'okay ... I'm in Texas ... I'll send it fer ya!]  ;-)

Hi Nagrom!

And the answer is .... "Yeeeaaaahbuddy!"

(Which is also the _only_ correct and proper answer in August when a
Texan asks "Hotenoughferya?")

Yes, they *do* come in assorted colors and sizes. [My daughter-in-law's
neighbor has the navy blue hanging from the back of his Dodge.] They
also (I suspect, although to be honest I haven't seen them yet) come
in the 'school colors' for UT and A&M.

(Hot Dang! Ya know ... If they AREN'T available in 'Longhorn' or 'Aggie' yet ... I could make BIG MONEY
selling those around here!)

This here is 'high fashion' dude! ... up there with trailer hitch covers
(I have a propeller for the back of *my* pick-em-up!) ... window decals
with Calvin peeing on different things, rebel flags, antenna balls,
and mud flaps with chrome naked women on them! {Unless, of course, ya'll
is of the 'Mexitan' persuasion ... in which case you need your last name
in a rainbow arch of large gothic letters on your back window as a halo
around a decal of the Virgin Mary ... a religious scene (or a rodeo
scene - it's kinda interchangeable) airbrushed onto your tailgate and
them 13" tires that stick out 4" from yer fender wells.}

<sigh />This can be *such* a weird place!

;-)

RonL.
Currently reading Kinky Friedman's Guide to Texas Etiquette : Or How
to Get to Heaven or Hell Without Going Through Dallas-Fort Worth --
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0066209889/webmill0c-20/ref%3Dnosim/104-7984498-8672769

A quote from the above book that is attributed to Ma Ferguson, (the
first woman governor of Texas ... or any other State):

"If English was good enough for Jesus Christ,
... it's good enough for Texans!"