B.O.B.s - wuz RE: [thechat] RE: truck nuts

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Mon Feb 23 08:31:15 CST 2004

Sometime last week, Bri noted:

>>And finally, I just want to say: there's something really screwed up
>>about a state where a guy can hang some silicone nuts from his truck,
>>but his wife can't buy as a sex toy the appendage to which the nuts
>>would have been attached.

Hi Bri,

I've often wondered if this was true. (Or, if it was true in the past -
if it were still true today.) We've been hearing this complaint for
quite a while now and the time may have come to set the record
straight ... uh, so to speak!  ;-P

Anyway, I did some secondhand research ... I asked a younger person who
would know about these things [1] ... and I was assured that not only can
'bob's [2] be bought in Texas ... but that there are three shops within
minutes of my office that have them in stock.

Now that person went on to say that there *is* some crazy law where
possession of more than 4 bedroom toys at any one time is illegal.
(Apparently 4 constitutes 'personal use' ... but that 5th one indicates
an illegal 'intent to solicit'!) [I'd say it was more an indication
of an overoptimistic imagination ... but that's just me.]

The interesting thing to me was that apparently (or apparel-ly) {or
apparel-less} ... lingerie actually counts as a 'toy'!  ?Que?

Although I asked, he wasn't quite sure whether it counted as one toy
or more than one toy ... we eventually decided that perhaps that it up
to the arresting officer's discretion.  ;-)

He also seemed a bit confused when I asked if this law didn't make
it illegal for women to take their underthings with them when they
moved from one home or apartment to another in Texas.

It would seem that further research is called for ... but that's what
I've found out so far.

[1] Of course, being a native Houstonian and under 25 I don't know for
sure that he could tell the difference between a 'bob' and a striped
thermos ... but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time.

[2] 'Battery Operated Boyfriends'

RonL.
(Hey! What would you expect from a city that has about as many strip
clubs as it has churches! ... although, come to think of it, I reckon
'worship' can take any number of different manifestations!)