B.O.B.s - wuz RE: [thechat] RE: truck nuts

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Mon Feb 23 13:17:40 CST 2004

Drew Shiel noted:

>>If this idea is only occurring for the first time, you don't know enough
>>pagans.

Hi Drew,

A fun bunch those pagans ... Yup I know some of them. In fact, I even
know plenty of folks who gave their money to the Catholic missions so
they could *buy* their own pagan!

['Back in the day' some Catholic schools (in an effort to increase
revenue contributions to their missionary services) offered young
school children the opportunity to 'buy' and rename a pagan baby
... the going rate at that time was $5.

Even then I considered it a cruel and unusual practice to saddle these
poor 3rd world children with names like 'Elizabeth Marie' and 'Joseph
Alexander' ... I always worried that they'd show up some day to beat
the hell out of the folks that renamed them ...

... I wanted to call mine "Trigger".    ;-)

[Unfortunately, the nuns didn't think that was nearly as cool as I did.
Forunately for both of us I could never scrap more than 65¢ together.]

RonL.
Who quite appreciates the fact that May Day is much warmer in Houston
than it ever was in NorthEastern Ohio. Brrrrr!