[thechat] Guiness officially good for you

Bob Davis bob at bobdavis.org
Sat Apr 10 08:44:56 CDT 2004

Doctors with all their fancy science confirm it -

http://www.courierpress.com/ecp/me/article/
0,1626,ECP_2256_2792775,00.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/2vfmb

In brief - fewer carbs, fewer calories, less alcohol, loaded with
flavonoids (a real word, I swear - they help keep LDL cholesterol from
clogging arteries), has more vitamin B than lighter beers (which would
explain why it doesn't give me hangovers), and is a good source of
silicon (no, that's silicone - we're talking about the mineral).

So drink up!  Those draft bottles we get here in the US are pretty good
- not close to the wonder that is a freshly drawn Guiness in the UK,
but still pretty good.

I wonder if there are other beers have the same qualities? Belhaven
maybe?

bob