[thechat] One for the Sci-Fi lit fans

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 10:42:37 CDT 2004

Hi all,

My mate Giles (http://polytechnic.co.uk/node/view/85) has been writing
Sci-Fi short stories for a few years now (in between drumming), and he's
just got himself a domain sorted out and started publishing a few of
them on the web.

He's looking for some feedback and traffic so I told him I'd post the
link here for you guys to have a look at.

The site is http://www.mystorypage.com/
(Remember now, this is thechat, so no site build critiques. *;)

If I had to pick a favourite then it would have to be "Poor Reflection"
if only because I read earlier drafts and saw the story evolve from
something quite small to it's current incarnation.

Our little circle of friends has always thought he's got quite a talent,
so it's cool to see him take this leap into the digital world, especially
as he's also made the decision to forego any kind of DRM/ebook bollocks
and put them up as straight PDF and .docs with a link to a tip jar if you
like what he's doing.

I've also pointed him towards creativecommons.org, so we'll see what
comes of that.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy them.

G.