[thechat] Re: Gasoline/Petrol prices

deacon web at master.gen.in.us
Thu Apr 29 20:25:42 CDT 2004

On 29 Apr 2004 at 15:49, Terry Fowler wrote:

> Heh heh, I commute 180-185 miles a day. I have a 1.8
> liter SOHC engine in my Mazda Protege. I haven't owned
> a V-8 since about 1992. That was a '74 Cougar with a
> 351 Cleveland. Got about 14mpg.

That's not the engine's fault.

A 351 Cleveland in a '72 Gran Torino sedan got me 22 MPG. Hated
that car. Glad when someone hit me and totalled it. Then a year later, I
met someone and married her. She had a '72 Gran Torino wagon.
Even the same wretched green color. And it gave me 21 MPG.

A larger engine gets *better* gas milage than a small engine, if you
drive the same way. The problem is that if you put a large engine
under my new wife's foot, she thinks she's Mario Andretti. She recently
moved from a 95 Toyolet Prizm to a 2000 Taurus. I'm scared to ride
with her in traffic.

A Mazda is a nice car, as long as you have no cargo, no passengers,
and your body is transistorized. If you have a germanic build, it's your
chiropractor's favorite friend.

deke

--
AmishHosting.Com