[thechat] Re: Gasoline/Petrol prices

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Fri Apr 30 13:23:13 CDT 2004

Luther, Ron wrote:
> Hi Judah,
>
> Put on a rallye?  Neat! (I think you know there are several former
> rallye folks on the list.)   ;-)

Yeah, I help put on the Oregon Trail Rally every year
(http://www.oregontrailrally.com/ ). I think this was my 7th year
helping organize. It's kind of a family thing. I'm a stage captain and
my mom's partner is the chief of controls and my mother used to work
communications. Oregon Trail is part of the SCCA national ProRally
circuit and is part of smaller regional circuits as well. I also help
put on a smaller rally in the region in October called the Mt. Hood club
rally.

I new that Bob Davis was a former rallye person. Speaking of which,
don't know if Bob has talked with Tim O'neil recently, but he's retired
from driving again. Real shame, I liked watching him drive that airforce
sponsored Ford. Maybe I'll have the money some day to go to his driving
school in New Hampshire.

> Absolutely! The WRX is a monster ... and a fairly reasonably priced
> monster at that!

Quite reasonably priced. If I had a bit more stable income, I'd probably
put myself down for WRX Sportwagon. Nice comprimise between
power/handling and cargo room.

>>>(whose Subaru died a fitful death at the Rally this weekend.
>>>Hopefully to be resurrected as an art car in the future.)
>

> Oh, man! ... Rats! ... My condolences!

It's alright..Maude had a good run. 87 GL Wagon that I bought for
$1,700. Put 70,000 miles on that car and she ended up with 215,000
total. But a timing belt went one weekend, got that fixed because I was
stranded in california and then the alternator went the next weekend. I
decided to not do the alternator now and instead just fix her up over
time and then begin the transformation into an art car. Cutting torches
here we come :)

Judah