[thechat] surfacing

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed May 26 17:31:45 CDT 2004

>   Excellent! You got any particular places in mind?

Well, we're hoping to spend next January or February on Valentia Island,
looking around at what's there.

I'm drawn to Galway, Killarney, Shannon, but Sligo etc up north, or
Wexford across the way.

I'm hoping to pay off my debts here (a realistic goal) and come over
with enough cash to buy a small cottage, and then be as self-sufficient
as possible. I'd much rather live an hour from a city and drive in when
there's work, than to pretend I'll ever be able to afford living in
Dublin and having the simple lifestyle I want.

I am, however, *way* open to suggestion. And my wife is *so* fired up
for this, it's amazing. One serious fatal point of contention with the
ex was her absolute refusal to travel (and I mean, driving an hour to
visit lifelong friends, not just moving to furrin countries.)

joel