[thechat] surfacing

Drew Shiel gothwalk at velvet.net
Sun May 30 09:40:45 CDT 2004

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 12:30:07AM +0100, Martin Burns was observed to write:

> Minor caveat there - again, it may be different in Ireland, but that's
> the kind of behaviour that ensures that the worst place for
> homelessness in Scotland is in rural areas. The locals just can't
> afford to buy anywhere to live (and there's no rental market). The
> choice is leave or live in a caravan, even in winter.

  Rural Ireland isn't too bad, yet. Urban Ireland is silly, though. The
house I live in at the moment - renting - is worth something over half a
million, maybe even as much as 750K. We pay 1700 euros a month for it,
three of us - that's about 2080 dollars.

  Drew.

--
The Wizard of Duke Street: http://gothwalk.livejournal.com/