[thechat] The draft

Martin martin at easyweb.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 17:15:55 CDT 2004

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Bob Davis wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2004, at 1:32 PM, Norman wrote:
>
> > http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:SN00089:@@@L&summ2=m&
> >
> I think the support can maybe be measured by the number of Cosponsors
> listed  - None.
>
> 3. we have a very good military precisely because it is a professional
> military (just my opinion).

Same opinion here. There have been tv programmes on this week contrasting
the D-Day troops (60 years ago this week, folks) with the current day
British army, and the current army is much better trained and focused.

> What's odd is that he's a Dem.

Interesting - in the UK, such calls nearly always come from the kneejerk
right of the political spectrum, usually as a putative solution to today's
feckless youth (sic).

Of perhaps greater concern:
http://politechbot.com/pipermail/politech/2004-June/000720.html
Apparently publishing documents under the Freedom of Information Act is
classed as 'Extreme:Political/Religious' by the DoD's web content filter.

Yay! Go Consitution!
(via genghis on #evolt and thespool - link in the footer below)

Cheers
Martin