[thechat] surfacing

Bob Davis bob at bobdavis.org
Wed Jun 2 21:31:06 CDT 2004

On Jun 2, 2004, at 5:09 PM, Martin wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Bob Davis wrote:
>
>> On Jun 2, 2004, at 12:29 AM, Madhu Menon wrote:
>>>
>>> If time and finances allow (and they don't right now), I'm thinking
>>> of
>>> a trip to the good ol' US of A some time middle or late next year.
>>> I'm
>>> betting that I can probably find an evolter in almost every part of
>>> the country. Might help save on hotel expenses. To pay my way, I can
>>> cook for you instead. ;)
>>
>> Absolutely.  South Texas has a welcome home for you. You'll be
>> accustomed  to the heat (40C - that's 104 for us - here Monday).
>
> However, you must remember that
> 1) You won't be the only good cook in the Davis kitchen

I do try - can't do Thai though! The good news is that there isn't much
in terms of ingredients that  I can't get thanks to the greatest super
market in the world - Central Market.

> 2) San Antonio abounds with good eateries (and even has a fast food
>    chain where the food is not only edible, but *nice*. Mmmm Taco
> Cabana)

It is pretty good. Ron?
There's also Azuca, which is a nice little restaurant near an art glass
studio (you were there Martin ;). Really nice nuevo Latino cuisine - a
modern take on South American food. Lots of sea food, and lots of meat
- a nod to Argentina, I guess.

> so you'll probably be doing more eating than cooking

Don't forget the drinking! There's always drinking!

bob