beatles' sheet music (was RE: [thechat] Nitrogen Tires?)

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Tue Jun 15 07:59:41 CDT 2004

> Sure kin! I use the double red Fender Lace 'fakey double coil' pickup
> ... unsplit ... and run it through the Pandora unit set to emulate a
> vintage Vox AC30 amp ... dial in a touch of 'verb ... and ta-da ...
> you've got a very nice 'Beatle-y' tone!

Anal *and* a gearhead. You'll do just fine, my friend ;)

> RonL.
> (Who has played maybe a grand total of an hour in the last month ...
> working on 'Space Oddity' on acoustic.  [Nice tune ... even if nobody
> knows it by the correct title. If I had said 'that "ground control to
> Major Tom" song', then everybody would know which one it was.
> Any other
> songs like that?])

"Teenage wasteland, it's only teenage wasteland . . . "  oops; I mean
"Baba O'Reilly"

Dylan, singing "I want you; I want you; I want you, so-o-o bad . . ."
which *he* thinks is called "Positively 4th Street" and then they roll
into "everybody must get stoned!" which ostensibly has summat to do with
Rainy Day Women #12 and 35.

Ooh; ooh; my favorite wrong song title: remember that epic bit by the
Moody Blues called "Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?)" [Well, in full, "The
Afternoon: a) Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?) b)(Evening) Time To Get
Away"] Yeah, that's the title on the label. Ever *once* heard it called
even the shorter one?

joel