[thechat] Digicam advice

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Thu Jul 22 13:19:07 CDT 2004

Madhu Menon asked:

>>My father wants to acquire a compact digicam that also shoots decent
>>photos. It should preferably be available in UK (for around 200 quid.)

Hi Madhu,

I'm not sure if it's 'compact' enough ... but there should be a few
of the Nikon Coolpix cameras in that range ... the 4300 (I see 135 quid
on line), the 4200 (about 185 quid on line), maybe even a 4500 (230 new
- but allegedly 54 used [Amazon]).

Hard to go wrong with a Nikon or a Canon!

HTH,

RonL.
(I waffle between being neutral and anti 'gray market' ... so I won't
even mention that route as a possibility for moving upscale at a lower
price.)