[thechat] Re: Digicam Shutter Lag Time

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Thu Jul 22 17:38:54 CDT 2004

Terry Fowler wrote:

> I've tried to find a good reference on which cameras
> have a slow response to a click of the shutter and
> which ones have a fast response.  The best web site
> I know of for digital photography,
> http://dpreview.com/
> doesn't seem to be any help.

Say it again, brother! Shutter speed or anything else. You'd think
someone would offer camera reviews that went beyond "dood, it's got,
like, *four* *mega*pixels".

Besides shutter speed, write-buffer-to-card time is making me nuts.
Taking high-res shots of small items for a project, and storing one
shot takes -- OK, I haven't timed it, but it seems like forever :-)
And you're blocked -- can't adjust any settings while that's going
on, at least on the Coolpix 4500 I've got, so it's way annoying. But
can you research this before buying? Not anywhere I've found...

grrrrr....

</grumbling>
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.